Ok, you have put your plan in place with an Estate Planning Attorney, but you have reviewed it recently? Does this plan currently fit your needs? Sometimes it’s difficult to know if your plan needs review, especially if you have not had any significant life changes that would trigger a review of these documents. When I talk to clients, I ask them a few “Yes” or “No” questions, and once I have their responses, I know how to proceed. I believe these questions can help you determine if your Estate Plan is current or you need to revisit your plan with an attorney.
Answer these questions with a Yes or No:
- Do you have a trusted financial decision-maker for financial decisions?
- Have you selected someone who knows your health care wishes if you cannot communicate them?
- Have you shared your healthcare desires with your healthcare decision-maker?
- Do your beneficiary designated assets reflect your current desires?
- Does someone have access to your online accounts?
- Do you want to avoid probate? Does your current plan do this?
- Will your medical records be accessible to your family if they need to view them?
- Does your current plan reflect your current wishes?
If you answered “No” to any of the above-listed questions and reside in the Daytona Beach or Melbourne, Florida area, call me for a free consultation so we can update your documents to fit your needs and wishes accurately.
Heidi S. Webb, Attorney at Law, serves clients all over the state of Florida with Estate Planning and Probate. She has offices in Daytona Beach and Melbourne but can meet via phone or Zoom with clients statewide. Contact her today to schedule a free consultation. Visit her page on Facebook or see what her clients are saying to learn more about Heidi at www.heidiwebb.com.