Wills, Probate

Trusts, Estate Planning

210 South Beach Street, Suite 202
Daytona Beach, FL 32114
(386) 257-3332

Personal Representative

Through one of the most turbulent times of life, Heidi and her colleagues offered professional guidance and an empathetic heart. It cannot be stressed enough how grateful I am to have had someone of her character and calibur assisting me after my father's passing.

As the executor, both Heidi and her team made sure I had a holistic understanding of what was going on, keeping me consistently engaged. Despite my father not having a will, any complications or hurdles encountered in the process were quickly overcome by her excelling competence.

It is with the utmost sincerity that I would recommend Heidi's services to anyone.

~ Connor R

Ms. Webb was an amazing guardian ad litem for my son. She tirelessly worked to overcome a difficult situation and worked hard to ensure what was best for him. She had no problem filing restraining orders, meeting with school officials or anything else that was necessary to ensure he go the best education. She also was a relentless moderator and setup a series of processes that have served him well. Thank you!

~ Todd C

Estate to a Non-Married Partner in Florida

How Do I Leave My Estate to a Non-Married Partner in Florida?

The question of leaving one’s estate to a non-married partner in Florida is not uncommon. While the law provides a clear path for married couples, it may seem less straightforward for those without a legal marital bond. However, with proper estate planning, it’s entirely possible to ensure that your non-married partner is cared for after your passing.

Here’s a step-by-step guide to help you navigate this process:

Understand the Legal Landscape

In Florida, if you pass away without a will, your estate is distributed according to the state’s intestacy laws. Typically, this means your closest biological family members will inherit your assets, and a non-married partner may receive nothing.

Create a Will or Trust

To ensure that your non-married partner receives the portion of your estate you desire, it is essential to create a will or trust. In your will, you can specifically name your non-married partner as a beneficiary, detailing the assets you want to leave them.

Use Beneficiary Designations

Assets such as life insurance policies, retirement accounts, and payable-on-death bank accounts allow you to name a beneficiary. Ensure that you list your non-married partner as the beneficiary for these accounts.

Consult an Estate Planning Attorney

Estate laws can be complex, and every situation is unique. An experienced estate planning attorney in Florida will help you tailor your estate plan to meet your individual needs and comply with the state’s legal requirements.

By creating a comprehensive estate plan with the assistance of a seasoned estate planning attorney, you can ensure that your wishes are honored, and your loved ones are cared for.

Heidi S. Webb, Attorney at Law, serves clients in Daytona Beach, Ormond Beach, Port Orange, and beyond with matters of Estate Planning and Probate. Contact her today to schedule a free consultation. Visit her page on Facebook, or see what her clients are saying to learn more about Heidi

Share this…