There are three general ways attorneys charge for their services by the hour, percentage, and/or flat rate, and the pricing can vary depending on the experience and reputation of the attorney. Remember the old adage — you get what you pay for, this applies to hiring an attorney.
That said, I cannot tell you what a specific legal service should cost, but I can say this –if you need Estate Planning:
- You should hire a human.
- A human with a law degree.
- A human with a law degree in the state in which you reside.
- A human with a law degree in the state in which you reside that practices in the area of Estate Planning.
- If you have a complicated estate, that human may charge more than a non-human.
- It will be worth it in the long run —Estate Planning is a necessary investment.
The best referrals for these humans I describe above are from someone you know OR read some google reviews —the more the better!
Heidi S. Webb, Attorney at Law, serves clients in Daytona Beach, Ormond Beach, Port Orange, and beyond with matters of Elder Law, Estate Planning, and Probate Law. Contact her today to schedule a free consultation. Visit her page on Facebook, or see what her clients are saying to learn more about Heidi.